COMMUNICATION AND PARTICIPATION
1. Students investigate the ways in which people interact
with each other and with their environments in order to
make informed decisions and implement relevant social action.
2. Students understand that the interaction
people have with places in which they live is shaped by
the location, patterns and processes associated with natural
and built features.
AND SOCIAL SYSTEMS
6. Students understand that
systems provide order to the dynamic natural and social
relationships occurring in the world.
1. Students investigate to
answer questions about the natural and technological world
using reflection and analysis to prepare a plan; to collect,
process and interpret data; to communicate conclusions;
and to evaluate their plan, procedures and findings.
4. Students make decisions that include ethical consideration
of the impact of the processes and likely products of science
on people and the environment.
SCIENCE IN SOCIETY
5. Students understand the nature of science as a human
EARTH AND BEYOND
6. Students understand how the physical environment on Earth
and its position in the universe impact on the way we live.
LIFE AND LIVING
8. Students understand their own biology and that of other
living things, and recognise the interdependence of life.
listen with purpose, understanding and critical awareness
in a wide range of situations.
6. Students speak with purpose and effect in a wide range
7. Students view a wide range of visual texts with purpose,
understanding and critical awareness.
8. Students read a wide range of texts with purpose, understanding
and critical awareness.
9. Students write for a range of purposes and in a range
of forms using conventions appropriate to audience, purpose